YOUR GARDEN JUST
Do you have a home garden high in the Tetons? We have Certified Organic Biodynamic Plant Starts for sale during the planting season to make your gardening a breeze.
Cosmic Apple Gardens provides you with the same varieties we grow in our garden. These are proven to do extremely well in our climate and altitude.
WHY BUY OUR STARTS
All our varieties are strong, short season varieties. Perfect for gardening in The Tetons. We start all our plants from seed in our Certified Organic and Biodynamic compost soil mixture with a loving hand and attention to detail.
“Growing your own food is like printing your
own money” ~Ron Finley
Cosmic Apple Gardens also offers on site consulting for home gardeners. Do you need a bit of advice for growing in our challenging climate? Are you shifting to growing organically?
Are you looking at your yard trying to figure out where to put a garden? We can help you with all these questions and more!
We have been farming in The Tetons for 22 years!
Let our experience guide you!
WHERE TO BUY
We have an annual start sale at the farm the last two Saturdays in May.
2020 PLANT SALE INFORMATION:
Dates: May 23rd and 30th
Location: At the farm!
397 E 8500 S
Victor, ID 83455
*Covid 19 and the plant sale, PLEASE READ*
We are doing our best to navigate this situation like everyone else. We will all need to do what feels safe for each of us individually. We believe holding this event outside, with plenty of space for all of us to move around will keep this as safe, or safer then shopping at the grocery store. Please follow these guidelines.
1. If you are sick, or someone in your household is sick, stay home!
2. Always give your fellow shoppers 6' of space.
3. We will be limiting the # of people who enter. We will have a "bouncer" at the gate. She will control the # of people entering based on the # of people leaving. The bad news....the line may be long. Be grateful you are standing in a beautiful spot, the air is fresh and you have the luxury of having a garden! The good news!...we are hoping the cashier line moves quickly because the bottleneck will be at the gate instead of the cashier's stand as has always happened at past plant sales! Thank you for understanding and staying kind.
4. The outside part of the plant sale will be set up the same as in past years. We ask everyone to move in a clockwise circle around the plants. If we keep this area moving like a roundabout, we will minimize people being close.
5.Only employees will be permitted in the greenhouses, the greenhouses are too small to be in and properly social distance. We have put together a greenhouse plants order form. When it is your turn please hand your form to an employee and they will bring you your plants. Jed will still be available to answer questions and help you select the correct plants if you have questions. We will have forms at the farm if you are unable to print.
6. We will stop every 30 minutes and wipe down surfaces.
7. We will have free row cover as always. If you are concerned about using our scissors, bring your own or a knife.
8. The line for the cashiers will loop around the SOUTH side of the big red building.
9. We will be accepting Cash, Checks and Credit Cards. NO VENMO.
10. We do not have the people power to take pre-orders, email orders or any other kind of tech orders. Please bring your paper greenhouse plant form with you and hand it to an employee.
Plants available in 2020: Cauliflower, Broccoli, Peppers (Jalapeno, Sweet), Green Zucchini, Yellow Squash (Yellow Straight Neck, Scallop Sunburst), Sage, Chives, Thyme, Oregano, Red and Green Cabbage, Head Lettuce, Kale (Lacinato, Curly Red, Winterbor and Red Russian), Curly Parsley, Bok Choy, Kohlrabi, Dill, Swiss Chard, Salad Mix, Cilantro, Fennel, Red and Green Mustard, Arugula, Sorrel, Mizuna and Potatoes (Red Thumb and Julica), Tomatoes (See below), Basil (Purple, Lemon, Holy, Large Leaf), Pickling Cucumbers and Slicing Cucumbers.
The tomato varieties are:
Cherry Tomatoes for Greenhouses:
Sungold (small, orange, tangy, fruity), Yellow Mini (good flavor, high yielding), Sakura (red, large, good flavor), Sunpeach (pink, large trusses, excellent flavor)
Tomatoes for Greenhouses:
Brandywine (best flavor, large, low yield), Cherokee Purple (low yield, excellent flavor), German Johnson (large fruit, delicious, low yield), New Girl (classic red, medium fruit, early), Green Zebra (green striped, tangy, delicious), Big Beef (beefsteak, large, late)
Cherry Tomato for Outside:
Gold nugget (cold hearty, short season, yellow)
Tomatoes for Outside:
Stupice (red, short season, cold hardy, container w/ support), Ida Gold (golden egg shaped, delicious, bushy, excellent in containers), Taxi (tennis ball size, yellow, sweet, cold tolerant), Red Racer (early season, cold tolerant), Little Napoli (cold tolerant, short season, plum)
Follow us on Facebook for sale updates! We will also have beef and pork available for purchase.
You can also find our plants at these locations:
Barrels & Bins 36 S Main St, Driggs, ID
Twigs Garden Center 890 U.S. 89, Jackson, WY (307) 733-4223
The People's Market, Driggs Farmer's Market and the Jackson Hole Farmer's Market.